Saturday, August 2, 2014

Post 7-31-2014 Palmer to Valdez

Post 7-31-2014 Palmer to Valdez

UGH!, SPIT! And whatever. Got up feeling like a drunken bum. Sore throat from coughing all night, sinuses clogged up,high temperature. Just felt horrible. Not much sleep because of the coughing and bladder wanted to empty every Hour. Around 5 A.M. I took more medicines and finally slept til almost 10 o'clock. After getting up I had a banana and still felt queasy.Splitting headache to go with it.

Then I had my extra medicine and my coffee. World starting to look better. Yesterday evening after Tom ‘s concert, we drove a short while until we found a nice wide pull off and got ready for some sleep. Was in bed over 10 hours feeling miserable.

As the morning wore on, I started feeling better so we got underway for Valdez. Still had a couple hundred miles to go. The road spanned across the tundra  and through mountain passes and of course we had up and down and  swerving left-right  to go straight because of the thawed permafrost under the tundra .

 We were rewarded with some spectacular sights of the mountains, lakes  and glaciers and even drove close by a couple. The wind turned chilly as it came off the glacier even though the temp was up to 68 degrees. Just another beautiful Alaska day.
Glacier

Writings in the mountain with rocks-lovers

Gypsum & Iron Oxide  

Bridal Veil Waterfall



This glacier within touching distance from the road. It's mud filled

A real shocker!. I glanced at my fuel gauge and it read “ZERO”. We were about 80 miles from anywhere--nearest town was Glen Allen. No service stations anywhere. After frantically checking everything I could think of, I shut down the engine. When I re-started it, the gauge started working again. I almost had a heart attack but GOD came through again. I’m so blessed.

Arriving in Valdez, we first decided to stay in a RV park. Actually, we couldn't find a pull off close by. So tonight we will enjoy full comfort in the bus.  I was able to hold down some dinner and now feel a little groggy from my medicationss. So, I quit. See you tomorrow at the earliest.

I did talk with a close relative about their  situation and I ask you to pray for that person. I’ll reveal later the reason. Just pray for their recovery. Also spoke to my son and he is doing well, he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you like our blog, please leave a comment.